Ensuring you have made the correct measurements for your Made To Measure blinds is easy thanks to our helpful guide. Here, we have simplified each stage so you can get on with your measurements quickly and accurately. We’ve also added in a few handy tips to make life easier.
Handy Measuring Tips
- Use a metal tape measure for more accuracy and ease of reading measurements.
- Have paper and a pencil handy to write down your measurements straight away.
- Consider where your window handles are situated, and the positioning of tiles at the top and bottom of your windows.
- Consider the way your windows open and close.
- Take the measurements from an area in front of you window handles, so the ‘Made-To-Measure’ blinds will move up and down without obstruction.
- Check you are measuring in either centimeters or inches.
Measuring For Blinds
Before you start, you will need to decide whether you want your blind to sit inside the ‘recess’ of the window, or hang outside for an ‘exact’ fitting.
A ‘recess’ fitted blind is ideal for any normal window and will leave a neater finish and block out sunlight better.
An ‘exact’ fitted blind is ideal if your windows are an odd size, not straight or have lots of handles or obstructions.
When you start measuring for your blinds, you can use the following metrics:
Ensure you measure to the nearest millimeter if you are using centimeters, and to the nearest sixteenth of an inch if using inches.
Measuring For A ‘Recess’ Fitted Blind
The blind will hang inside the recess of the window for a snug fit.
These measuring instructions are applicable to all types of blinds, excluding Skylight Blinds and replacement louvres:
- Measure the width of your window in 3 p1. Measure the width of your window in 3 places as shown in the diagram, and make a note of the shortest length.
- Measure the length or drop of your window in 3 places as shown in the diagram. This measurement is from the top of the inside of the window down to the window sill. Make a note of the shortest measurement.
- Use the shortest width and length measurements when you place your order for Made-To-Measure recess window blinds at Web-Blinds.com.
Measuring For An ‘Exact’ Fitted Blind
The blind will hang outside the recess of the window.
These measuring instructions are applicable to all types of blinds, excluding Skylight Blinds, replacement louvers and Perfect Fit Blinds:
- Measure the width from left to right of where you would like your blind to be placed. Make a note of the measurement.
- Measure the length or drop of your blind from the top of where your blind will hang to the bottom. Make a note of the measurement.
- Use your measurements when placing your order at Web-Blinds.com.
The following information applies to if you are measuring for Roller and Vertical Blinds:
Roller Blinds require fittings on either end because there is no headrail. This means a slight adjustment in the fabric size is needed for both recess and exact fitted blinds – 3.3cm less for recess and 2.8cm for exact fitted blinds. At Web-Blinds.com, this is taken care of for you.
The length or drop when measuring for a Vertical Blind should go right down to the window sill. 1cm will be taken off your measurement to accommodate the louvre.
For further information, help and advice contact visit Web-Blinds.com.